The consulting firm Sierra Planning unveiled the new Master Plan to guide Culture, Tourism and Recreation in Timmins for the next 10 years. The recommendations reflect the input from over 2000 residents, members of local organizations and municipal staff.
- Invest in a new Multi-use Recreation Centre including a twin pad and new aquatics complex.
- Repurpose the Mountjoy Arena as a Recreation Hub for indoor soccer, an outdoor covered rink and a new skate park.
- Establish a Municipal Cultural Fund to support local organizations
- Establish a Sport Tourism roundtable to encourage and support event hosting
- Improve community & visitor signage
- Enhance multi-use trails and develop safe cycling paths across the City
- Diversify and expand existing festivals and events (such as the Summer Concert Series)
These plans are part of the Timmins 2020 Strategic Plan, and aim to make Timmins an attractive place to live, work, play and invest. Check out the Integrated Master Plan here: Integrated Master Plan.