For the past year we’ve been developing a strategic, long term Community Housing Plan to help address local housing needs. The Timmins Community Housing Plan is a key initiative of the Timmins 2020 Strategic Plan and is intended to help enhance community investment and quality of life in the city. Affordable housing issues were one of the key concerns during the Timmins 2020 Strategic Planning sessions.
The Housing Project is comprised of three phases:
- Phase 1: Housing Demand and Supply Analysis.
- Phase 2: Housing Policies and Actions.
- Phase 3: Housing Plan and Implementation Strategy.
The plan was created using the feedback, comments and concerns of local residents and is meant to address emerging housing needs over the next 20 years.
The final phase of the Timmins Community Housing Project, Phase 3, contains strategic directions that will lay the groundwork for moving forward. The plan includes practical recommendations for addressing housing issues by using local resources, and partnerships. The report also contains an Implementation Strategy that identifies key tasks, roles and responsibilities that are necessary for making the plan a reality.
Key activities in Phase 3 include:
- Developing a formal plan that is realistic.
- Identifying a vision, goals, and targets within the plan to align the efforts of local partners.
- Defining a path for moving recommendations forward and monitoring and communicating progress.
To view the documents click on the hyperlinks below.